09/18/2021 | 8 p.m.
CONWAY, ark. – Maxi Galizzi scored two goals within two and a half minutes late in the second half to tie the game at 2, but one goal in the 88.
Memphis is now 1-4-1 in the season that goes into conference play on Saturday. Central Arkansas improves to 5-1-0.
- The Tigers fell 2-0 down in the first half after Central Arkansas came in 31.
- After 35 minutes of the second half, Galizzi managed to cut the gap in half in the 80th minute.
- A native of Puerto Madryn, Argentina, scored another goal just 122 seconds later to tie the competition in second place.
- Central Arkansas’s Karim Diao scored the winning goal in the 88th minute.
- Galizzi has scored three goals in the last two games after scoring in UAB’s 3-1 win on Saturday night.
- Memphis overtook the Bears in the game, 15-10.
- The Tigers had nine corner kicks compared to three from Central Arkansas.
- Memphis plays two games in a row at home, opens the American Athletic Conference on Saturday at 8 p.m. against UCF and welcomes Tulsa on Friday, September 24th at 7 p.m.
- Both games can be seen on ESPN +.
How to follow the tigers: For complete information on Memphis Tiger Men’s Soccer, visit www.GoTigersGo.com and follow the team’s social media channels on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.